• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Questions to Amritendu De - Related to the book 'OCM-JEA Practice Guide'

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Amritendu,

Welcome.

My questions are:
1. What is the process to make a better suitable technology decision for choosing Java EE or Spring or other related frameworks for any enterprise projects.?
2. Now that the training is mandatory for the certification and which is very costly, will the certification is still viable for the people like me thinking of taking the certification?

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Netbeans IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Amritendu

First, many thanks to Amritendu and to the CodeRanch for this book promotion, and my question is:

This book is focused on which version of JEE5 or JEE6? and in your opinion in how much time the JEE6 Architect certification will be released?
and does it make since to take the JEE5 architect certification now or better off to wait for the JEE6 version?

-Kacem

Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Amritendu,

How did you, if at all, address the following concern in your book:

"If I become certified in Java Architecture I am pigeon-holing myself away from a broader architecture understanding and qualification which covers other technologies not limited to Java"

Thanks,

G

Greenhorn
Android VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Amritendu,

The Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Certification is a multi-step process where you have to take an exam and complete an assignment and an essay. I would like to know how the book deals with these three completely different tasks and how it helps the reader to prepare himself/herself to these assessments.

Sincerely,
Alexandre

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Amirtendu

How different is your guide book from Mark Cade's Sun Certified Enterprise Architect Study Guide.

Thanks
Shiv

Greenhorn
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Amritendu,

I wanted to know your thoughts on Java EE Architecture and how do you see it evolving going forward?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Amritendu,

The book is as good as the reader's commitment to the cause. I would like to know how this book is helpful to an Architect. Is this aimed to get the certification check-list completed or touched upon the conceptions as well as the misconceptions. Will you be interested in talking about the building of concepts or the application of it. Hope to hear back from you.

Regards,
Kumar

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Amritendu,

Currently I am working as a Java developer. If I want to work as a Java Architect in future can I use this book as a first step towards Java Architect role?

Will this book help me to think from application performance ,scalability, maintenance perspective?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Ameritendu

From the view point of a buyer, my questions are:

Can this book help me in my daily architecture decisions or is only focused in to pass the exam?
Do you provide some theory or references to improve the knowledge of an Architect?
Regarding to the book of Mark Cade, What your book cover that the another book doesn't?

Thanks
Regards

Jose Luis Iturbide
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Again.

I would like to hear your opinion about the prerequisite of taking the Oracle Certification Course in order to be eligible to take the certification exams.

Your book or another related could replace the prerequisite course?

Thanks

author
Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
1. What is the process to make a better suitable technology decision for choosing Java EE or Spring or other related frameworks for any enterprise projects.?
[Amritendu] This is a good question. I want to make it clear that there are too many frameworks nowadays and choosing from it is not easy.
As far as the exam is concerned remember not to experiment too much. Give a simple JEE based solution which the examiner can understand.

2. Now that the training is mandatory for the certification and which is very costly, will the certification is still viable for the people like me thinking of taking the certification?
[Amritendu] Having a SCEA on your CV makes a great difference in shortlisting process of recruitment. Nowadays lot of companies have started to explicitly look for SCEAs.
If you compare the cost of investing for an Oracle training compared to the benefits you get, the benefts will be heavier.

3. This book is focused on which version of JEE5 or JEE6?
[Amritendu] JEE 5 version. If the response is good I will write JEE 6 version but 70% content will be same.
OCMJEA 5 book + Adam bien patterns book should be sufficient for JEE 6 version.

4. "If I become certified in Java Architecture I am pigeon-holing myself away from a broader architecture understanding and qualification which covers other technologies not limited to Java"
[Amritendu] This book does not address this statement. Although the statement makes sense, the expectation of exam is not to have a PHP or ASP solution.
The expectation is to solve the problem using Java EE 5 version or higher.

5. I would like to know how the book deals with these three completely different tasks and how it helps the reader to prepare himself/herself to these assessments.
[Amritendu] Yes the book deals with multiple choice exam, assignnment and essay exam. The effort is to give a aspirant an idea about the 3 steps.
Taking up the exam without any practice may be uncomfortable. This book fills that gap.

6. How different is your guide book from Mark Cade's Sun Certified Enterprise Architect Study Guide.
[Amritendu] Cade book is concise and to the point. But lets say someone who does not know patterns may not master patterns by reading Cade book.
So my idea was to make the aspirant prepare by solving questions. If the aspirant wants to learn patterns he may go for GOF book.

7. I wanted to know your thoughts on Java EE Architecture and how do you see it evolving going forward?
[Amritendu] My idea is Java EE is here to stay. I have worked on 3 large scale products in my career and all 3 were EJB products.

8. I would like to know how this book is helpful to an Architect.
[Amritendu] If you read SCEA objectives, all the objectives is what a Java architect should know. So reading this book will test your Java Architect IQ.

9. Will this book help me to think from application performance ,scalability, maintenance perspective?
[Amritendu] There is a chapter on common arch which you can look at.

10. Your book or another related could replace the prerequisite course?
[Amritendu] This is not a replacement.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This looks like a good book. Where might it be purchased in NA?

Amritendu De
author
Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
For links to purchase this book: See https://coderanch.com/t/605151/java-Architect-SCEA/certification/book-OCMJEA-SCEA

Greenhorn
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Amritendu De

what previous knowledge I need to have to take a large advantage of this book?

thanks

Juan R.

Amritendu De
author
Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This book is for Java professionals who have designed and developed on Java EE 5 or higher platform.

Amritendu De
author
Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Online edition launched: https://coderanch.com/t/607723/java-Architect-SCEA/certification/Online-edition-OCMJEA-book

Glen Iris
Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Who won this promotion?

ku abhinav
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the book promotion, I have received my copy.

Regards,
Kumar Abhinav

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic