• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Suitable java databse fromework for accessing large database

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have a requirement that needs to access database with millions of records process them and then write them back to the database. Kind of data enrichment process.

I am searching for the suitable framework I can use for this scenario. Hibernates seems not a good performer for large no of transactions.

So should I stick to plain old SQL queries and JDBC or any one can recommend for some framework with better performance with large transactions(millions).

Thanks in advance,
Ashish

Rancher
Eclipse IDE Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hibernate can process millions of records. However, I would first investigate OTS ETL tools to implement large scale transformation of data before building something in Java. I have used Talend before, and it's pretty good, and my employer uses Informatica, which I hear is good too, but I don't have direct experience with it.

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would suggest using Hibernate since it is best to handle extremely large databases although I would agree to the fact ( and also from my experience ) that hibernate does have a performance drawback
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic