• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SpringMVC Custom Collection Editor Not Returning Data To Jsp

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am binding a multi select list in spring the item does not get its data from the DAO the data is added from another select option list. The user clicks a button and the data is sent to the multi select option list using jquery.

When the form is posted databinding does not happen for the item since its a complex data type so i registered a CustomEditor and attached it to the @initbinder.

EDITED I have updated the code the CollectionEditor is now returning a list of citizens back to the view however i am unable to get the data in the list to fill the select option. I am trying to add elements to the victimList but the list remains NULL.

Under is the code:

CustomCollectionEditor

Jsp that is filled from DAO in controller

This contains data filled form DAO class when the button is clicked it takes the data from the list on appends it to the other list under which is bind to the POJO

Jsp select item that is bind to POJO

Logs

I am just not sure why the data is not adding to the list its there in the CollectionEditor method;

darin ramdhanie
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Can anyone assist with this??

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic