• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

right click context menu does not appear only for Java 1.7, AWT TextField

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have been debugging some issues an application has been having with Java 1.7 versus older versions. A new problem I have encountered is that the right click context menu does not function in any TextField. It works fine when running it with any previous version of Java. I have tried coding a simple test with a Frame, Panel and TextField to see if it might be something else in the more complex application that was causing it, but the simple test class has the same problem.

I have searched for other people having the same issue, but I have not found anything comparable. This seems like a huge change from one version to the next and I am surprised that I am not finding this mentioned anywhere else. Can someone point me to anything that discusses this issue that I am having?

My simple test:

Bartender
Android Google Web Toolkit Mac Eclipse IDE Ubuntu Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
You should seriously consider migrating from AWT to Swing. Usually its a pretty straight replacement as Swing offers direct one to one options
Frame -> JFrame
Button -> JButton
More about Swing here http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/

UI questions are best suited on the GUI forums. I will move this post over there for you
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic