• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Open a folder as a window in tomcat

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

I am able to see the folder contents as listing in html page, i need to open the folder as a window.. please help.

or is there any way to download all the contents displayed in listing with single click without making zip file of all those contents.

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
A web server is not a file server. What happens when you "request a directory" via HTTP is totally unlike what happens when you use a File I/O call to list a directory.

In Tomcat, if you make a URL request that doesn't match any of the servlet URL patterns in the web.xml file for that particular web application context, the URL request - and the URL - are passed to Tomcat's Default Servlet, which is built into Tomcat itself. This servlet first attempts to match the URL against a JSP, and if that doesn't work, determines if the tail-end of the URL matches a relative resource path within the application WAR. If so, then the Default Servlet determines whether this resource is a data resource ("file") or a container resource ("directory"). I'm using the names in quotes because an actual WAR is not a filesystem directory, it's a ZIP file and the server's filesystem cannot read ZIP members directly, but Tomcat can.

In the case of a "directory" resource, there's logic in the Default Servlet that constructs an HTTP page, enumerates the members of that "directory", and formats the enumeration in tabular format, giving a "directory listing" in the client's view (browser).

In order to override that behavior, you are going to have to create the equivalent of the Default Servlet, map it to a suitable URL path(s) and handle those URLs in whatever format you prefer.

I suggest huckleberry pie. But the only thing on the gluten free menu is this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic