• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Newbie trouble using ClassPathXmlApplicationContext for Koushik's wonderful tutorial, #5

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I am brand new to Spring, and only recently stumbled across Koushik's magnificent Sping framework tutorials (on Javabrains.koushik.org). I've been following him step-by-step , but got a problem on his Tutorial #5, covering 'Application context' that I can't figure out. In this part (this tutorial is a simple java application, mainly illustrating the concepts of the Spring framework) he has switched from using a beanFactory in order to instantiate his bean in favor of using ClassPathXmlApplicationContext, however, according to the error messages (below) Eclipse can't seem to find the config file, or at least I think that's what Eclipse is saying. I followed his advice and stuck the config file (srping.xml) into the src folder, which should be on the Classpath, so it SHOULDN'T be that, but nonetheless, it still won't run. The pertinent files are attached, and any help you could give would be hugely appreciated;
drawingApp.java.jpg
[Thumbnail for drawingApp.java.jpg]
the App source
spring.xml.jpg
[Thumbnail for spring.xml.jpg]
the configuration file
Eclipse-Error-in-tut-5.jpg
[Thumbnail for Eclipse-Error-in-tut-5.jpg]
Eclipse errors

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi David,

According to your error log, It says that you have missed a jar file that contains a class called LogFactory.
So please download below jar file and add it into your eclipse build path and try again once.
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-logging/download_logging.cgi

Thanks,

David Alvarez
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Buddhika,

Thank you for your reply, that worked like a charm. As I said, I am brand new to Spring, and not super experienced using Eclipse, or Java, so I certainly do appreciate your patience with my inexperience. You'll probably hear from me again, since I am attempting to learn Spring, and my job depends on it. Once again, thank you!

David A.

Buddhika Disanayaka
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You are welcome. Good luck.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic