• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Get Value of dynamically create dropdownlist in JSP

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am new to JSP and servlet for 1 month, and there are many things that I am still unsure off.. Inside a JSP, I have a dropdownlist(the values inside are grab from database) and it would be dynamically created on the number that the user keyed in. Example, the user key in 3, this digit would store in session, and 3 dropdownlist would be generated.

I am able to do this, however I am unable to grab the value of all the 3 dropdownlist in a servlet. and instead of getting 3 diff values, the output repeat the value of the first dropdownlist. Example "john,john,john" instead of "john, ken, andy".

JSP:

Servlet:

Can i set the downdownlist name like "list<%i%>", to set different id to each downdownlist? therefore i can retrieve each of them seperately???

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Janice,
When you write out the options, you should use the form:

This way the "value" gets submitted and is different for each entry in your pull down.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic