• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed OCP JP With a score of 100%

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
Just to say a word of thanks to all in this forum who helped me to achieve this great score in the exam.

Thanks and Regards,
Renju

Enthuware Software Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations! Great score

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats,Can you share your experience & tips for preparation??

Renju Parambathu
Greenhorn
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
I mainly studied the study guide by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates. The book is very helpful and the self exams at the end of each chapter are very close to the real exam. But I think they are a little bit tougher than the real exam. I have done most of the exercises mentioned in the book. Also there is another book called "OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams" that contained 4 full tests. The tests were really tough and if you can get 70% in them, then you will surely score good marks in the real exam. The book also contained a lot of small coding exercises which were surprisingly too helpful in memorizing things. So I did most of the exercises not in eclipse , but directly in notepad as they told in the book.
So overall it was a regular and sincere preparation for the past 5 months which helped me to achieve the goal. All the best to you.

Thanks and Regards,
Renju

Greenhorn
Python Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Renju Parambathu wrote:Hi,
I mainly studied the study guide by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates. The book is very helpful and the self exams at the end of each chapter are very close to the real exam. But I think they are a little bit tougher than the real exam. I have done most of the exercises mentioned in the book. Also there is another book called "OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams" that contained 4 full tests. The tests were really tough and if you can get 70% in them, then you will surely score good marks in the real exam. The book also contained a lot of small coding exercises which were surprisingly too helpful in memorizing things. So I did most of the exercises not in eclipse , but directly in notepad as they told in the book.
So overall it was a regular and sincere preparation for the past 5 months which helped me to achieve the goal. All the best to you.

Thanks and Regards,
Renju

hey congratulation .......but i want to ask is that ....everybody is saying keep writing lots of code.....but with how much difficulty of code???...
what is difference between SE6 and SE7 exam??

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations !
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic