• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Loading gif info

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I am trying to use an normal loading.gif in one of my jsp page when the page is submitted for a request.
Functionally here in my project,when the page is submitted it connects to an analytical tool called "R tool" performs the analycis and data is set in mysql. once the data is saved i am retriving and presenting in another jsp page.

In between this process of jsp from java on form submission to call "R tool" ,Inserting the data in mysql, i am working on using the loading image while the connection and insertion is done in behin process from couple of days. however when i inserted the loading.gif the loading is not working properly , infact the image is not rotating at all.it is showing as static image and the rotations are not done.

I found out that only when the loop/control is within the same jsp/java or request from one jsp page to another jsp the loading image is working ..

please let me know how can i acheive this loading.gif to work when we connect to different tools etc.

All suggestion are welcomed and appreciated.

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Not much to do with JSP, so moved to the HTML/JavaScript forum.

Bear Bibeault
Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The easiest way to retain control on the submitting page is to make the request using Ajax.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic