• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Generating configuration files for Vagrant in a program

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I am working on a tool that can help me generate a configuration file for use with the Vagrant Software, ofcourse, in the format
which Vagrant understands.
However, I am having a tough time planning my program design that can help me with dynamic generation
of the configuration file with a programmatic approach. Kindly put me on some track to start with. I can't think of some efficient
approach to go about it.

Two approaches which I can think of is :

1) Working on a readymade template and just replacing the placeholders with appropriate text.
2) Creating the config file on the fly with String append etc. (Doesnt look like a robust and future proof solution to me).

Thanks.

Sheriff
Mac IntelliJ IDE Python VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm not familiar with configuring Vagrant, and probably the majority of the Ranchers aren't either. You could increase the pool of possible answers by making the question more general. For example, is the Vagrant configuration file XML, or a proprietary format? Also, what kinds of things do you want to configure?

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic