• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

which is best and easy java technology used for web development?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am the student of CSE and in this semester i have to do website project but there is confusion is to which java technology i prefer to develop a web project and which framework prefer to faster development?

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to CodeRanch! I've moved this to our Servlets forum since it isn't about IDEs.

You don't need a framework. For a small application, it would be overkill. Or you could use something very lightweight like Frontman

If your goal is to learn a framework that will be useful in a job Spring MVC is popular. It isn't lightweight though.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Prashant P Patil Ppp wrote:there is confusion is to which java technology i prefer to develop a web project and which framework prefer to faster development?

start quickly with which framework you know.hope you know what is called as frame work . if you dont know any frame work and you want quick development ...you know jsp and servlet just prepare some if it meets your goal then name it

Bartender
Firefox Browser Fedora Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What framework to use would depend on what you are trying to implement. There is no single framework that fits all needs.

Author and all-around good cowpoke
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I agree with Jeanne - for your first project don't get all tangled up in a framework that conceals what is going on in a basic web application.

Download Tomcat and install it as an application - NOT a service. Study the example servlets and JSP - try changing them to see what happens.

I like ANT to control compilation, copying of files etc.

Bill

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
frameworks need understanding about the underlying technologies(Servlets,JSP,JDBC).....
so if your understanding about these technologies are great...then why not go for frameworks and score better in your project....
(I know for small applications f/w are not required...but you can use them for the sake of marks.... )

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic