• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Error 404: Parsing error processing resource path

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I am trying to deploy CRAT tool which is a struts based application on dev but I am unable to do so because of the following reasons:

1. When I am removing servlet-api-2.5.jar from my project I am getting this error : Error 404: Parsing error processing resource path
2. When I am including servlet-api-2.5.jar in my project I am getting this error: Error 404: SRVE0201E: Servlet [org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet]: not a servlet class

There is this same code which is present in the dev box(which is running) and the only difference(after comparing both codes with beyond compare) between the code on my machine which is not running and the code which is on dev box is the servlet-api-2.5.jar is missing from the code present in the dev box but still it is running without any errors, but even if I include or exclude servlet-api-2.5.jar to the code present in my workspace it gives the above mentioned errors while deploying them on stage.

Please provide some tips on how to resolve this issue ,which jars are to be added or if there are any jars that are extra and needs to be removed, any helpful suggestion would be appreciated.

I am attaching the list of jars that are included in my workspace please have a look at them and let me know of the concerned issue, as I think there is some problems with the jars included or either with the version of the included jars
jars_added1.PNG
[Thumbnail for jars_added1.PNG]
Jars
jars_added2.PNG
[Thumbnail for jars_added2.PNG]
Jars2

Bartender
Mac OS X Linux Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to the JavaRanch. When you say "When I am removing servlet-api-2.5.jar from my project" do you mean in an IDE?
You should not have a servlet API jar file in the WAR you are deploying on a server. This API is built into the servlet container. You will have to include whatever JAR your container provides in your build path to get the project to build.

Sisir Lunawat
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
When i am deploying my project i am not deploying the WAR file i am actually deploying the EAR file, i am using eclipse to build my code from there i am giving an ANT build and with the generated EAR i am deploying it on DEV servers using SSH Tectia.

The servlet container i am using is Websphere and even i got to know that the container path has servlet-api.jar we need not to add it seperately in our project but when i dont have servlet-api.jar i am getting this error Error 404: Parsing error processing resource path

FYI i am using servlet-api-2.5.jar.

I am also attaching the list of jars that i am currently using in my project after removing the servler-api-2.5.jar. please let me know if i have to add or remove any jars to eliminate the error indicated
altered_jars1.PNG
[Thumbnail for altered_jars1.PNG]
Altered jars
altered_jars2.PNG
[Thumbnail for altered_jars2.PNG]
Altered jars

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic