• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

how to get list of cells

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I need to create a schedule for whole week.So i need to create a custom list of text view to show the schedule for each day.each day they have 3 slots.each slot have 1 to 4 persons.So i need to create a list to show this.the problem is number of person may different from day to day. each day maxium number of persons 12.How to build this list view?
below is example.Monday 1st slot have 2 person,2nd slot have 3 person and 3rd slot have 4 persons.I need to show this type of list for each day in week.

Ex Monyda
ABC
DEF

GHI
JKL
MNO

PQR
STU
VWX
YZA

Bartender
IntelliJ IDE Python Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The base approach is to use a ListView to display the data, and a ListAdapter to collect the values that will be displayed. If you want to organize the data into categories (Day and slot), then I would use an ExpandableListView and ExpandableListAdapter since it can manage different views and levels for you.

Either way, I would look at this developers page: http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/layout/listview.html
and this tutorial: http://www.vogella.com/articles/AndroidListView/article.html

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic