• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Wanted to migrate web application to the new host

Greenhorn
Firefox Browser
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I wanted to migrate my java application to new host. Currently we are accessing it via OLD_HOST/atmsAPP(atmsAPP is my java app) and now i wanted it to migate to NEW_HOST/atmsAPP. I am new to the deployment in tomcat, how i accomplish this, please help me and how to configure mysql db to new host?.

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm afraid that if you have to ask that question, it is likely that you do not have even basic knowledge of how web applications are constructed, configured, and deployed.

We're here to help, but at this point, what you really need to do is study some fundamentals. We're not constructed to provide personalized in-detail support like that. That's probably why no one attempted to answer.

Anil Kumar Goud
Greenhorn
Firefox Browser
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Tim Holloway wrote:I'm afraid that if you have to ask that question, it is likely that you do not have even basic knowledge of how web applications are constructed, configured, and deployed.

We're here to help, but at this point, what you really need to do is study some fundamentals. We're not constructed to provide personalized in-detail support like that. That's probably why no one attempted to answer.

I may be a fool to ask this question,as i mentioned that i am new for deployment in tomcat so that i need to know.
The general way to deploy app in tomcat we put .war pack in webapp folder(or using tomcat manager). What my question is previously we deployed/accessed my app as sub domain, the same thing i wanted to move my app to as new host's sub domain. Should i do this same in traditional process or is any simple way to accomplishment this.

Tim Holloway
Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The Domain Name for a server is not determined by Tomcat. It is attached to the entire machine (whether virtual or physical). There is nothing to configure within Tomcat.

The Context Path for a Tomcat-deployed webapp is determined by the rules outlined in the Tomcat documentation. If you simply copy a WAR into TOMCAT_HOME/webapps, Tomcat will build a default Context whose path is the same name as the WAR (excluding the ".war" extension). By default, Tomcat will also unzip (explode) a WAR file in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps and use that. Meaning that even if you replace the WAR file, the new WAR will be ignored and the older exploded WAR will continue to be used.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic