• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

deploy a JEE application into tomcat 7

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I explain the situation which is actually a bit tricky. I'm working with fedora 10 and tomcat 5.5. I have a domain name (eg www.stoner2008.com) in which I used to host my application. I currently just finished a jsf2.2 application that only works with apache tomcat 7.if I deploy my application locally, it works perfectly with tomcat7(in 127.0.0.1:8087) but if I deploy as usual to the webapps to put online, it doesn't work.Html pages are ok but in other hand the jsp pages and .xhtml pages are not showed properly (no component jsf or primefaces).

NB: I modified the file /bash_profile and I put in the variable CATALINA_HOME location of the new tomcat 7..

I think that by accessing online (in www.stoner2008.com/myApp), the system uses the old tomcat.

What to do? Do I reconfigure apache2 and also to listen the port 87 mode?i did so but it doesn't work too. please help !!!

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
JSF 2.2 requires a Servlet API 3.0 compatible servlet container - so you need at least Tomcat 7. How you need to reconfigure the Apache to use the new Tomcat depends on how you connect them - Tomcat has extensive documentation on the subject, make sure you follow all the steps described there.

Haythem Ben Yahia
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
i know that i need tomcat 7 but how can i configure it? i have tomcat 5.5 indtalled in my server and i think that my app is deployed with that version (tomcat 5.5)
i changed the $CATALINA_HOME but it didn't work

please can someone help me !!!

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It sounds like there's a proxy between your web client and Tomcat on the external server. I'm basing that assumption on the fact that you didn't supply an explicit port number on your sample URL (www.stoner2008.com/myApp).

If that is the case, your proxy server is almost certainly still forwarding to the Tomcat 5.5 server. You would either have to set up an environment where the new URL is forwarded to the Tomcat 7 server or you would have to alter the existing proxy to forward to Tomcat 7 (depending on whether you want to run both Tomcats at the same time).

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It seems you missed what I said earlier:

How you need to reconfigure the Apache to use the new Tomcat depends on how you connect them - Tomcat has extensive documentation on the subject, make sure you follow all the steps described there.

To spell it out explicitly: http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/ is where all that is documented.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic