• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Mentor Tutor required for Java developer 'distance working' occassional

Ranch Hand
jQuery Postgres Database Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

Over the past 8 years or so I have been learning JAVA and related technologies to create an educational web app. I have taught myself and worked on on my own on a part-time bases with the ranch being very patient and supportive of my efforts.

My web-app is now gaining some broader interest and I need to prepare for working with a (scrum like) team. Not having been in the industry I have many basic gaps in my Java knowledge and I don't have a network of expert colleagues on which to draw.

I am looking for someone in the Java Ranch community who might be willing and able to engage with me via emails to provide advice on an ad-hoc basis regarding basic Java type matters like how to prepare and set-up a professional development and deployment environment?

I can to pay within reason.

My key technologies are Java, Servlets and Postgres with JQuery/javascript and HTML built on the fly. I use the NetBeans IDE with an SVN repository, and at this stage use builds provided by NetBeans to deploy to my serving host whose world is a mystery to me. So creating a proper development and deployment process/system is a key concern at the moment.

Is there anybody out there with sufficient bags of experience and time and willing to assist? I think experience is key here, as I lack understanding of the nuances.

All work via email.

Thanks

Marten

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Marten,

Please check your PM (private message / purple mooseage) I sent to you.

Thanks & Regards,
Surya.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic