• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

java 1.7.51 update issue.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hiiiii,
I am feeling wonder after java 1.7.51 update.my system contains java 1.7.45 and my browser also having java plug in with 1.7.45 update.but whenever an applet is coming for execution my browser showing error regarding my jars it is showing that it can not ensure wether this jar(jar containing applets) revoked by authority or not.i did not update any thing in my system then how is it showing this error???please help me to know this problem.
Thank You.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I did ran into issue when I used Java applet in Java 7 Update 45 eniv.
Please post exact error that you are getting (may be a screenshot also).

Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
No, not a screenshot.

Java Cowboy
Android Scala IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Maybe it has to do with this: New security requirements for RIAs in 7u51 (January 2014)

Java 7 update 51 (January, 2014) intends to include two security changes designed to enhance authentication and authorization for Rich Internet Applications (Applets and Web Start). The default security slider is being updated in a way that will block RIAs that do not adhere to these requirements. Note: this only applies to RIAs, and not to Java on server or desktop applications run outside of a browser.

Summary:
You are required to sign all RIAs (Applets and Web Start applications).
You are required to set the "Permissions" attribute within the Manifest.
Your application will be affected if it uses Java started through a web browser. Your application will not be affected if it runs anywhere outside of a web browser.

Read the page carefully, as you can see you will need to do some extra things because of more strict security rules for applets.

mohammad shadab
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you to all for you replies but i am still confused.i want to ask that my system has old java(java 7_45) and my browser also has old java plug in(java 7_45) .i did not update any thing.and i signed my jars with godaddy authority .every thing was working fine.suddenly java released 7_51 update and i strated to get warning alerts regarding my jars(applet jar).i am confused,because every thing is as previous then how can it effect execution without updating any thing???

Abhay Agarwal
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What are the contents of that JAR file ? Specifically contents within META-INF after you have signed the JAR?

mohammad shadab
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you for response,
my jars contains the applet code .my question is that why error is coming ,bceause i didi not change my java and browser plug in??? my jars were working fine but aftre coming java 1.7.51 update error is coming.i can not understand why is it coming ???

what if we put solar panels on top of the semi truck trailer? That could power this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic