• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Designing Heterogenous web services

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi ,
I am trying to develop some web services using jax-ws and apace cxf. I need to invoke these services from different languages like JAVA/PHP/.Net etc. I am having some doubts regarding parameters inside in the operations. I tried different approaches .

1) Passing a value object in operation as a parameter
2)Using HashMap as a parameter
3)Using ArrayList as a parameter.
4)Passing required number of string arguments (in this case 7 String parameters and one byte array ) .

I have developed one Java client using wsimport command. By using this client the fourth option is working . In the second and third options the client is generating some type like String2AnyElement for HashMap and ArrayList. How I can I put values in these types of data structure ? While trying first option there was some compilation problem also.

I went through jax-ws tutorial also, there I could see some limited data types support only

Can some one suggest best approach for designing my operations . It should be access from different platforms and different client generations tools like CXF,AXIS etc.

Thanks

Author and all-around good cowpoke
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Clearly you should not be thinking of sending Java objects like HashMap and ArrayList to non-Java clients.

Do a google search for "soap data types" to find plenty of related tutorials.

Bill

francis varkey
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you for reply .
As per the documentation http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/web.1111/e15184/interop.htm ,
not good to use array wrapper elements using the convention ArrayOfXXX. Then how can be send list of objects . I was thinking to use array of value object (java bean).

eg :MyVo[] myvo

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic