• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Android v/s Java Frameworks and more

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am a confused fresher. Looking at the current market scenario, Android is hot favorite. I have done a course in java frameworks but nobody seems to be interested. I am not sure what would be a better step for my career. I am desperately searching for a job but companies want android. I dont want to live on my dad's money anymore. The fact that I am jobless haunts me every night.

1. Please help me make a choice between Android, Frameworks or any other technology that has current and future prospects
2. Should I learn Python? I have seen Python as a emerging language and is being widely used. Will it help me along with Java?
3. How can I improve my resume? I have a account on stackoverflow but most of the questions(that i know answers to) are already answered!
4. I want to do Maters from US. How can I be the best from the rest?
5.Where area of computing/technology should I put my focus in if I am good in Java, Linux, Oracle 11g. I am a opensource lover

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You have 5 posts here. Maybe you could answer some questions here? Or participate in discussions. One of the nice things about a forum is that it isn't just Q&A so you don't have to be the first to respond. Other ways to show expertise are blogging, writing code, participating in an open source project or in the case of Android - writing an app.

Java is way more than just a course which might be part of the difficulties. What is your undergraduate degree in?

Swayamveer Saurabh
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote: Other ways to show expertise are blogging, writing code, participating in an open source project or in the case of Android - writing an app.

Thanks for the piece of advice. I have started writing content about how to do things which might help someone/newbie.
I am browsing through various open source projects and reading wiki to get a good grip over the topic so I can start contributing

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote: What is your undergraduate degree in?

Computer Science

Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The fact that you have a degree in computer science means you have a good background and are only missing experience. So following the above should help you differentiate yourself. Also, don't forget to network.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic