• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SonarQube in Action

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Author/s    : G. Ann Campbell, Patroklos P. Papapetrou
Publisher   : Manning Publications
Category   : Project Management, Process and Best Practices
Review by : Jeanne Boyarsky
Rating        : 9 horseshoes

"SonarQube in Action" is a book I have been looking forward to reading since the book promotion at CodeRanch. During the promo, I learned that I knew about SonarQube (formerly Sonar) than I realized and that I was ready to learn even more.

The book has two focuses. One is how to use SonarQube well. The other is how to improve quality using SonarQube. This includes how to use the metrics, the quality axis and how it affects teams.

I particularly liked the "related plugins" part of each chapter. The screenshots were good zooming in on the parts to focus on. The lifecycle state diagram for normal and manual rules was useful

This is one of a select group of books that has something for everyone from beginners through power users.

The most important measure of whether this book is good is whether I have a list of things to look into at the end. And I definitely do! Both things I learned and things that it reminded me of. A great read. If you are using SonarQube, you should definitely but this book. It supplements the official documentation nicely by providing a different perspective.

---
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for writing this review on behalf of CodeRanch.

More info at Amazon.com

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic