• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Installing the ADT bundle

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Guys am a real newbie to the Android stuff wanted to show the kids at school how to do a simple app went onto http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/bundle.html tried to install the 32 bit version of the bundle i do have a 64 bit machine but i was under the impression a 32 bit would work on a 64 bit machine as well ..

Well the long and the short is i installed the 32 bit version except when i go to try to use eclipse and follow the first app tutorial it gives me failed to load the jni library c:\ program files...jvm.dll

could anyone help ?

Do i need to change something on the computer or how do i uninstall and install the 64 bit version ...or can i have both on the machine ?

pps how do i get hold of google support ?

Bartender
IntelliJ IDE Python Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You probably need to install a 32 bit version of the JDK - if you have the JDK installed it will likely a 64 bit version which the 32 bit ADT would not see. Then you will need to properly configure your path, and JAVA_HOME environment variables to point to the 32 bit JVM/JDK.

All in all, it would be a lot easier just to use 64 bit for everything (you don't need to worry about application compatibility. There should be no problem with having both 32 and 64 bit ADT installed, but you probably would have trouble if running them both if you don't switch up your environment variables. So if I were you I would just delete the 32 bit version (there is nothing special to uninstall, just delete the folder it is in will be okay) and install the 64 bit version.

Rajesh Kapur
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Steve,
Thanks for your help, I tried the 16 bit gave me the same problem although you are correct you can go ahead and delete the stuff... I then tried downloading eclipse first then installed as an add on this then worked...

so am up and running ..it took me four hours to sort but in the end i did it

Sorry for the plea for help but I have lectures to prepare and so I needed to do this fast as it may be a topic i teach after half term.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic