• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

HTTP Status 500 Error

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I have just joined JavaRanch because I think that it is the one of the best forums to get help with Java.

This is my first post on JavaRanch, so if I make mistakes regarding the posting rules, please forgive me.

OK, here is my problem.

I have created a jsp file which does the simple task of reading data from a mysql database and displaying the results on a web page. Please see below:

However, each time I run the jsp file in the browser with my localhost as server, I get an HTTP Status 500 error.

I have searched online for a solution and I could not find any. Could somebody please help me?

Regards

Rancher
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to JavaRanch. 500 means server-side error - there should be a full exception stack trace in the log files. Most likely it's some problem with the DB connection.

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome!

And here's a helpful hint: Please be sure to use code tags when posting code to the forums. Unformatted or unindented code is extremely hard to read and many people that might be able to help you will just move along to posts that are easier to read. Please click this link ⇒ UseCodeTags ⇐ for more information. Properly indented and formatted code greatly increases the probability that your question will get quicker, better answers.

I've gone ahead and added the code tags for you. See how much easier the code is to read? (Especially as opposed to making the code red?)

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic