• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Cant use seekbar within android app(navigation) drawer from a fragment?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Basically I've created an app drawer and placed a seekbar within it. This app drawer is made up from app_drawer.xm whilst my fragment below is made up from main_activity.xml.

The issue I'm having is, although the seekbar shows up perfectly and the app drawer pulls in and out as it should, when I drag it nothing happens (By which I mean the textview is NOT updated)

Even though it should

Before anyone suggests that the seekbar is the problem, it is part of a listener event which means it is called every-time progress changes. So it won't be destroyed when oncreate finishes.

- I have attempted to run seekbar normally on the same xml as
everything else and it works fine.

The problem is to do with the fact I'm attempting to utilise 2 xml files in the below fashion.

I was thinking it may have something to do with the parameter ''container''. I also considered it may have something to do with the fact I'm only returning rootView not rootView and rootView2.

How do I get this to work correctly?

My fragment code is below:

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic