• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

jQuery v1.7.2

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello I am working with JQuery-1.7.2.min.js -- it is embedded in an application I inherited from someone else. I finally got the Eclipse IDE stabilized this morning, however, I have three errors coming from the JQuery as follows:

[Edit: including the entire minified code base of jQuery was certainly not helpful and has been removed.]

On this, I have three errors: as follows:

1. Syntax error on token "Invalid Regular Expression Options", no accurate correction available -- on this: contents:{xml:/xml/,html:/html/,json:/json/}
2. Syntax error, insert ")" to complete Arguments -- on this: :b,j.notifyWith(k,e)}}
3. Syntax error, insert "}" to complete ObjectLiteral -- on this: b,j.notifyWith(k,e)}}

I am wondering if I should upgrade to a newer JQuery to get rid of these problems, however, I am stuck in that on this applicable at this particular time, I am using Java 1.6.0_45 for the time being

Any recommendations? Thanks Michele

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Michele Smith wrote:I am wondering if I should upgrade to a newer JQuery to get rid of these problems

Loading any version of jQuery into your browser will introduce no errors. The errors must be with other code being used in the page.

however, I am stuck in that on this applicable at this particular time, I am using Java 1.6.0_45 for the time being

The version of Java you are using on the sever is entirely irrelevant to what version of jQuery you are using on the client.

Any recommendations?

Find out what is actually causing the errors.

author
Android Firefox Browser Fedora
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Bear Bibeault wrote:Find out what is actually causing the errors.

My guess would be: a buggy syntax checker in Eclipse.

I work with Visual Studio, that is also frequently highlighting 'errors' in minified JS code that works just fine in real JS parsers.

Michele Smith
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Bear:

You are right, it turns out that it is a buggy thing with Eclipse. I think I would like to update the JQuery to see if the errors (3) go away.

Thanks,
Michele

My previous laptop never exploded like that. Read this tiny ad while I sweep up the shards.
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic