• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

My story about the certification.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
First of all I would like to thank this community for helping me and supporting me with questions about the basics of Java and certification. In addition to helping thank, you also for always immediate answers, for the kindness and patience.

Finally, yesterday morning I got the certification with a score of 91%. For those who want to know there were 3 or 4 questions on the wrapper class. At first I was quite nervous also my pc has restarted after 15 minutes I had started so I went into panic. Fortunately after 20 minutes, the examiner fixed it and the examination has taken over where I left off.

My study material was Mala Gupta's book and both Enthuware and Whizlabs tests.

The manual is really fantastic and I thank the author for creating it. To be perfect in my opinion she could introduce some reference about base methods of the Wrapper classes, ternary operator and the method System.arraycopy ().

The Enthuware test is outstanding and its should be cost 10 times as much because they are really well made. After studying the manual I thought I was ready and know everything but tests have made me learn other. The explanations are thorough and complete, and if that's not enough you can visit the official forum where the last doubts are resolved. I've never had the need to write on the forum because the explanations were always full. Also I have never found any error and the engine used is really very similar to the exam especially with right mouse button function. If the tests had been available 10 or 11 I would not need to buy other products.

Whizlabs is unfortunately a product just enough , the questions are a bit easier than those of Enthuware but this is not a defect. I found several errors and some of them have reported. In addition, the answers are not always accurate and complete. Personally I would change the engine used, the window is too small and often is forced to scroll continuously . In addition, the transition between a question and the other is not fluid and sometimes I had to wait for 10 seconds before the next question appeared . Not implemented the function with the right mouse button and are not reported when you chose a lower number of responses to those requests . In addition, the response is stored only if after making the selection is pressed forward or back button; however, if is pressed revise button your answer is not stored. I'm a little disappointed not to have bought it but for the fact that it would take very little work to make it an excellent product.

I recommend everyone who is interested in Java, to study for the certification because I think it really has a chance to meet several times with yourself to see how far you know the basics of the language. I had already studied Java in the past and then resume it more seriously than a year ago. Then in December 2013 I became aware of this fantastic community and certifications so I bought the Mala Gupta's book. The more I studied the more I realized that I still had many things to learn and my knowledge base was not strong enough.

Unfortunately I am not a programmer and I'm not so young (36), my job is another, I do not particularly like but thanks to it, and my passion for the PC a few years ago I was able to achieve a production management system in VB that helps me a lot. Now I'd like to pass to java and maybe one day work in IT.

Now I am satisfied with my study and I want to once again thank this community (...and sorry for my poor english).

A hug to all and good work!.

MyExamCloud Software Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations!

Great Score you achieved Emanuele Mazzante. It's really great for sharing your wonderful experience here, this will definitely helpful for the other aspirants!

Good Luck for your further steps!

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations, champion! Great score too!

Don't forget to add your name to the OcajpWallOfFame.

(Thanks for sharing your experiences about the study resources you used, will be very helpful for other candidates, have a cow)

Emanuele Mazzante
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
A warm thank you to all!!

Enthuware Software Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations!
Glad to know our s/w was helpful in your preparation

The government thinks you are too stupid to make your own lightbulb choices. But this tiny ad thinks you are smart:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic