• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Got my SCEA part 2 & 3 score today

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I got my score 148 of 160 today. I passed! My assignment topic was Retire Early.
I wrote a part 3 exam just yesterday, grading took less than one day, instead of promised 4 to 6 weeks.
Part 3 was submitted a week ago.

I would like to encourage those who feel confused by their assignments. It is hard, and it takes time, but it's doable. Don't let your self-esteem go down because you cannot finish your assignment in a week. I spent about 3 months of calendar time, and more than 200 hours of time budget on my assignment. Maybe half of this time I spent on things that were not directly related to the deliverables of the assignment. I did wire framing of GUI, I programmed a simple prototype to verify my implementation of a domain model and to see how whole thing works from GUI to persistence. I did not implement the entire solution though, just spiked. I spent about one week on researches about real word trading systems and banking communications. I spent a lot of time on things that just made me feel confident about the application area, about choice of technologies, and about correctness of my architecture. I did not expect that big time budget, and felt rather pissed off by the work I seemingly cannot finish in good time, but at the bottom line I think that was necessary. The project was a valuable experience.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this forum, and good luck to those who are at square one.

Alex

Bartender
Android Mac OS X Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
congrats

MyExamCloud Software Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies