• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need help with jasper reports

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have designed the jasper report in iReport and integrated it with jasper server. It works perfectly. But I am facing problem with my next requirment. I need to integrate the same report with my jsp application. I meant I am not getting how to integrate this report in eclipse so that I can access it through one of my jsp pages(By providing the link to the report). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

I have designed the jasper report in iReport and integrated it with jasper server. It works perfectly.

How are you accessing the report when it's running on Jasper Server?

Bharat Sankannanavar
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
@Ulf Dittmer: Still I am not able to access it through eclipse. I have just created .jrxml file.

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Not sure how you think Eclipse will help with this. Is that supposed to have support for this kind of thing?

My question was: you said the report worked fine. How do you know that? You obviously must have run it somehow - how?

Bharat Sankannanavar
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I run the report in jasper server. There it provided the required output.
I really dont know whether Eclipse will help with this or not, but my only requirement is to integrate that report in my web application.

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

I run the report in jasper server. There it provided the required output.

That's what is of interest here. How, exactly, are you doing that? Tell us lots of details. Is this a web app? If so, the report should have a URL, yes? If so, why can't you link to that in your web app? etc. etc.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am currently checking out Jaspersoft and in the documentation, they have a section about web service API for the Report Server. I don't know if you have access to the Report Server or not but here is the link to the HTML document. http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jasperreports-server-web-services-guide/v550/introduction

Greenhorn
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
When you design an report on iReport tool and compile you will have 2 files (.jrxml &.jasper). Try to create a anchor link in the jsp with the name of the report and write a method in servlet or action to generatepdf by providing the compiled jasper name of the report . Please make sure you copy the .jrxml and .jasper files into the web folder of the project. It should open a PDF report for you. I have attached the code which might help you but you need to tweek it as per your requirements.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic