• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Bean creation Exception with Spring 2.5 in WAS 8.0.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Bean creation Exception with Spring 2.5 in WAS 8.0.

Hi,

We are migrating a spring application from Websphere 6.1 to Websphere 8.0. The spring version used is 2.5. The application runs fine in WAS 6.1, but it is throwing Bean creation Exception in WAS 8.0 environment. We have not done any change and just deploying the ear in WAS 8.0. This is a as is migration.

Following are the configurations.

web.xml

applicationContext.xml

xxxservlet-servlet.xml

Now when I try to access URL http://localhost:port/contextroot/issueCookie.htm?cookie= , I get below stacktrace in my browser.

Both the context files are loaded successfully. I also tried to change the sequence but get the same error. I am also putting the server start logs here. To verify I ran this application in Tomcat 6/7 with JRE 1.6, but there it works perfectly fine.

Application stop-start logs.

Any idea what could be happening and how to fix it without doing much change or with no change.

Thanks.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Often, the real problem in a Spring stack trace like this is further down. Can you add a try/catch block in your servlet and call e.printStackTrace()? This will print the entire error to the console. Then we can see if the issue really is lrCookie or something further down.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic