• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How to know whether a xlsx cell value is satisfying the conditional formulae criteria

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

Badly stuck on conditional formatting using 3.9 poi !!!

I am currently working on parsing/reading the xlsx document using apache poi 3.9. I have certain requirement for conditional formatting. The xlsx is having conditional formulaes set.
Now I need to know whether the cell being read has content which is matching the conditional formulae match criteria. I have a code which determines whether the cell being read is falling under the conditional formulae cell range or not. But beyond that I also need to know that if the cell is falling under the conditional formulae cell range then does it also match the conditional expression or not.

How do we determine that !!

Here is the code to determine wheter the cell is falling under the conditional formulae cell range.

Any help highly appretiated !!!

Thanks & Regards,
Amit

Amit Nerkars
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello,

Can anyone help please !!!

Is it possible to evaluate the conditional formatting expression evaluated so that one can know that the cell is satisfying the expression formula.

Any help is highly highly appreciated!!!

I have got badly stuck into this and need a solution. Anyone knowing this?

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Nerkar

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm not exactly familiar with what you're asking, but it sounds as if it would involve evaluating cell contents. That is outside of the scope of POI - it's a library for reading and writing various file formats, not a spreadsheet application that can evaluate the contents of those files.

(Also, please drop the habit of using multiple exclamation marks - one is enough to signal your meaning. Although at the end of a question you may want to use a question mark instead to make it look like a, well, question, instead of an order :-) )

How do they get the deer to cross at the signs? Or to read this tiny ad?
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic