• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How do i categorize a product among, Brand, Model etc?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi friends,

this is kind of general business question that could apply to eCommerce website development.
at the moment i'm stuck with words and their definitions, Product, Brand, Model, Category or Group and Sub-category or Sub-Group. It would best to seek an answer using examples. could any one be able analyze the example and determine their "Product Name, Brand Name, Model Name, Category or Group Name and Sub-category or Sub-Group Name"?

Example #1 (car example)
Toyota Prius Hybrid Sedan Car 2012, Silver in Color

Example #2 (Home Electrical Appliance)
Kelvinator No frost Refrigerator with 2-doors with 4 energy star rating, color pearl

Example #3 (Grocery)
Dole Bobby Bananas 1Kgs pack from Ecuador

thanks

Bartender
jQuery Netbeans IDE Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database Chrome Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
This can be very subjective and I don't know if you are going to find a good answer. Brand is usually the manufacturer, but not always. For instance in your first example, the brand would be Toyota and the model would be Prius. But consider that Sears has a line of products that are branded "Craftsman", not Sears. Categories, groups and subs gets even more complicated. I think it's going to depend on the type of product. Look for examples on sites like Amazon and how they use different terms and categories for advanced searching and filtering.

See where your hand is? Not there. It's next to this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic