• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

mcrypt and libcrypt DLL's for Windows environment

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I'm having what seems to be a rather common problem for many who are new to installing PHP from scratch. I've followed the manual that said to uncomment the extension line in php.ini, I've got the folder in /ext with mcrypt (am I correct to call the mcrypt folder the module?) and I've downloaded the mcrypt and libcrypt libraries(?) from SourceForge and placed those into the /ext folder. I've tried several of the methods found through Google but none work. There were solutions that called to put php_mcrypt.dll into the System32 folder and another one that said that it's already pre-compiled into the Windows binary. But although phpinfo() shows that mcrypt is enabled, it still generates an error for me in the console saying that it's not installed. Some solutions said that php_mcrypt.dll and libcrypt.dll come with the Windows php binary but I've downloaded it several times including a copy of the nightly build and still could not find copies of those files. Another place said that I'll find it on SourceForge but when I went through the directory and downloaded the zip files, I still could not find the DLL's that I seem to need.

I'm really lost and could use a helping hand or a direction!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic