• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Code For Better, 24hr Health Hack - Belfast - 13-Sep-14

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Python Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
A colleague and I have signed up to a local hack event:
http://codeforbetter.co/

The premise is that over the last little while they have been inviting folks to submit a Vine (6 second video) with an idea that could help improve the local Health Service. The there will be a 24hr Hack event where developers, and anyone with an interest in programming, are invited to come along and build a prototype of the best idea(s).

As far as I know there are still places available so if you're in town with a free weekend then why not come along too. Sign up details are on the website. It starts tomorrow morning. (yes I'm aware how short notice this is). It's being held at the Crumlin road Goal which is pretty cool and you get a Paranormal Tour as part of the deal too. It's a free event and all you need to bring is your own programming equipment (laptop etc), food and drink etc is provided.

I've never done one of these events before so not sure what to expect. Has anyone done something like this before? Any top tips?
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic