• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

flot chart ticks lines not uniform

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am using flot charts to display ecg signals. The requirement is that the chart background should look exactly like the ecg graph paper.

All the inner grey lines should be lined at precise points to draw perfect squares on the ecg sheet. However, there are some lines which are not spaced evenly (they are closer to each other), making the ecg graph background incorrect.

Here is what my code does :

MARKINGS : I have written a function to generate markings on x and y axis. Markings are the dark pink lines on the graph. These markings will be generated on x and y axis after 4 grey lines (which make up the smaller grey squares inside the bigger dark pink boxes). These seem to be drawn correctly.

TICKS: I have overridden Flot charts native tick generator by writing two functions which generate ticks on x and y axis . On x axis, each 40 ms represents one tick (one grey line) and on y axis 0.1 millivolt represents one grey line. Even though the functions generate correct arrays with correct values for ticks, the tick spacing on flot chart is not even. Some tick lines are more closely spaced which is incorrect.

Not all ticks are drawn incorrectly.However, the ones that have irregular spacing are significant in number and are visible on more careful inspection of the graph. For a start, the 4 th column and row of the graph has unevenly spaced tick lines. (On browser outside of jsfiddle, this becomes 3rd row and 3rd column ). These uneven ticks repeat randomly throughout the graph.

My code is as shown below. It has also been uploaded at Flot for ECG

I have also attached picture of the generated ECG Graph on my browser with irregularities marked with green boxes.

Has anyone gone through similar problem with flot charts while drawing tick lines? Am I using ticks incorrectly? Appreciate your help on this.

JavaScript:

ecg.png
[Thumbnail for ecg.png]
ECG Graph generated

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Have you got the solution for that problem? I need to do the same chart, it would help me a lot!

Hey, sticks and stones baby. And maybe a wee mention of my stuff:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic