• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

OCMJEA Mandatory Training Questions

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I just finished my OCMJEA Essay and now I'm waiting for my results (really hoping for the best..). I want to take advantage of the upcoming holidays where work is easy and relaxed (plus my vacation, sadly) to take on the mandatory training. Regardless if I pass/fail on the assignment & essay, I will take the training anyway so I won't wait for my results. I'll probably try and try until I pass. Anyway, I have a few questions about the mandatory training:

Is it OK to purchase the course from the Oracle country site where the cost is much cheaper? For example, there's a significant difference among the training costs for the course "Developing Applications for the Java EE 6 Platform":

$3600 from Oracle US
$1187.35 (Php 53395) from Oracle Philippines
$913.52 (Rs 56570) from Oracle India

1) If I'm going for the Live Virtual Class Training where internet is the only requirement, I'll probably buy the the cheapest one. Is this a valid strategy, and have anyone ever done this before?
2) If my vacation is in India/Philippines, can I take the training there? And will Oracle still honor this training?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Hi,
I had similar doubts. What Oracle told me was that you should take the training from the country where you live and hold a valid banking account. That, for me, is India and I took it from here.
Good luck with your OCMJEA exam results!
Aditya

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Denise Advincula wrote:
Is it OK to purchase the course from the Oracle country site where the cost is much cheaper?

I did this accidentally, because my browser location was set to a different region. They refused my payment and had to purchase the course again. Even if you want to attend a LVC they will not allow you to register to a course at a different region.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Denise,
For #3, I recommend asking Oracle. And getting the answer in writing in case it is a problem later.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic