• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

free war deployment

Ranch Hand
Android Python Open BSD VI Editor Slackware
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Aloah, I am wondering if there is any site where I can for free do some small test.
The tutorials I am following where based on a commercial service called cloudbees, but for their sounding reasons, now they are not free anymore( if I well understood).
Considering that till yesterday for me "war" was a just a word to depict the human stupidity, I really do not know if for me is reasonable to pay for a service, as I need just to set a small servlet to test an android tutorial), so I would like to know if you can suggest me a service that would host few mega for my exercises
thank you and happy new year

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Python Java Linux
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Why do you need it hosted somewhere other than your local machine? You can download Tomcat for free and deploy your 'war' locally?

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I agree with Tim that testing with a local Tomcat is best for your needs. If you do want to play with deploying to a hosted environment, one free option is OpenShift. They have Tomcat support.

Giovanni Montano
Ranch Hand
Android Python Open BSD VI Editor Slackware
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:I agree with Tim that testing with a local Tomcat is best for your needs. If you do want to play with deploying to a hosted environment, one free option is OpenShift. They have Tomcat support.

Thank you Tim and Jeanne, I will try with Tomcat and then eventually with OpenShift, I did not know Tomcat was an option, as I just started

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic