• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Tips for getting the team use specification by example aka scenarios?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all

my personal favorite for digging deeper into a user story is to use scenarios or specification by example. My colleagues on the other hand are satisfied with more general description and high level acceptance criteria. The team want to stick to the high level criteria but that has caused problems in the past. During testing by the business there where all kinds of hidden requirements popping up or changed. I tried to steer the team in using specification by example, with suggesting to use the famous 'given', 'when', 'then'. But they where not convinced enough to press on.
I know in Agile processes the team is very important and that if the team is happy everybody should be happy, but I am not.
What kind of pros and cons and arguments could I use to convince them to try harder to stick with the specification by example?

Thanks in advance
Nico Tromp

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic