• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Want to know the suggestions to move to Software Development from Application Support

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,
I am working as Application Support Engineer for Banking project the technology is Java ,but i am not interested in the support profile.i approached with the manager for the release from the project he refused to release me from the project.i am a Fresher just 3 months over started doing this Support Job,for me i dont have any way to quit the job because i had signed for 2 years bond. Is there any chance for me to get into development after 2 years completion in application support ..i have good knowledge in web development ,kindly assist me further

#Thanks #in #Advance

Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to the Ranch

I have removed the text colours because they are difficult for some people to read.

I think you have answered your own question. If your manager won't release you from the bond, can you give notice and leave? Will you get a reference thereafter? Don't know your skills so I don't know whether you can get paid for development after your two years, but you might do well to develop a few little things free of charge so as to keep your hand in and so you can use them as evidence of experience when the bone is completed

Balaji Narayanamurthy
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for replying

I am Strong in Core Java/J2EE,Hibernate,JDBC the problem is the bond only i had to some amount to the company which is not affordable to me so asking suggestions from you guys seniors for my problem,if i have 2 years of experience in Application Support can i move into development is this acceptable in the software development field

Thanks in Advance

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Anything is possible with the right know how and skills, but landing your first Java job can be challenging.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic