• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SOAP Set Endpoint Not Working

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I've generated SOAP classes via wsimport from a local WSDL. All of the URLs in the WSDL point to the production services, but for testing I need to connect to a test location (different URL). There are dozens of examples on the web to set the endpoint, but it doesn't seem to be working for me - it's hitting the prod URL, not test.

The debug correctly shows the TEST port being set correctly, but when executed, inside one of the handler resolvers, I have the following code:

The top debug lines both show the PRODUCTION URL! Shouldn't at least the port be the DEMO URL that I'd previously set?

Am I doing something wrong? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you for the help.

Jeff

Creator of Enthuware JWS+ V6
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Jeff,

Your code looks ok, and I don't know if this helps, but change the last part of your code:

into

Jeff Margileth
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Fritz,

Thanks for the response! That's certainly a bit cleaner. I ended up pulling up wireshark today and sniffing the traffic - the logged WSDL_PORT is just wrong! The code is working (there's clearly some other problem, as the API isn't returning successfully, but we're moving forward...) It's very misleading though that it's logging the port as somewhere other than it's actually going! Very confusing, but it is what it is, I guess. As I said, I'm a bit new to SOAP so stumbling through it, but at least making progress. Thanks again for the reply!

Jeff

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Is this a tiny ad?
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic