• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

RabbitMQ in depth

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi Gavin,
1) Single point of failure is one problem with Messaging middle-wares. How easy is to set up RabbitMQ for replication,load balancing ?
2) i worked on Tibco EMS in the past. For message persistence we used Oracle and during peak hours, sometimes due to high load, EMS used to stop working causing message clogging. What kind of message persistence(like KahaDB for ActiveMQ) RabbitMQ provides for fast persistence?

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Arjun Shastry wrote:hi Gavin,
1) Single point of failure is one problem with Messaging middle-wares. How easy is to set up RabbitMQ for replication,load balancing ?
2) i worked on Tibco EMS in the past. For message persistence we used Oracle and during peak hours, sometimes due to high load, EMS used to stop working causing message clogging. What kind of message persistence(like KahaDB for ActiveMQ) RabbitMQ provides for fast persistence?

1) RabbitMQ has built in clustering and highly-available queues. Additionally it has built-in support via a bundled plugin for cross-datacenter messaging, including federated queues, which should do the trick.
2) The backing store for RabbitMQ is pluggable, so if the MNesia based tables are not fast enough, I know of a few backing stores to choose from including LevelDB and TokyoCabinet. I've not played around with benchmarking them to see what kind of performance gain one would receive in using them, but I imagine it's not trivial.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic