• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Handler nat being called from JSF page

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Ranchers,

I am working on migrating our web applications from webshpere 6.1 to Tomact 7. I created a maven project in myeclispe. Attached file shows the project structure and jars in the lib folder of tomcat server. When I run the application, it renders the tag using bundle property and display the content, but it doesn't call the handler and display property for this. Just to narrow down the issue just put a output tag to display the property from handler. It doesn't correctly render. Can someone please help resolve the issue?
I really appreciate any help on this, it has become show stopper now.

JSF page:

web.xml - I also tried with uncommented context param in web.xml

faces-config.xml- I put this file in WEB-INF, the page was not loading, it just keep loading.

Regards,
Amit
project-strcure.png
[Thumbnail for project-strcure.png]
Maven project structure and jars

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The first thing that you should consider is that JSF version 1 is very much obsolete and you should consider upgrading the webapp to JSF version 2.

Beyond that, an important difference between running JSF in WebSphere and running it in Tomcat is that in WebSphere, the JSF implementation is part of WebSphere itself, but not in Tomcat. So you'll have to modify your build so that the JSF implementation jar is included in the WAR you deploy to Tomcat.

Amitkumar Fulambarkar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Tim,
Thanks for the response.
I know we are using the JSF 1.1 which is obsolete now. And we are planning to upgrade it soon. However, but in current phase we want to migrate application on Tomcat with the same JSF version. You said I need to add JSF implementation in the build, so I have already added the JSF related jars in the pom. Here is my entire pom file. Could you please advise if I missed anything or there are any conflicting jars in pom and tomcat server lib which is not allowing a call to the handler?

Regards,
Amit

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic