• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

how to import installed certificates from one JVM to another JVM?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi all,

i am migrating my web application from Server1 (Tomcat 5 and Java 1.5) to Server2 (Tomcat 7 wand Java 1.6).

In my web application, I have multiple adapters (web clients) that are connecting to external web services, https interfaces, sftp servers etc.

In order to connect with all these external interfaces, i have installed multiple certificates in my JRE keystore on Server1.

Now since the application is going to be migrated to Server2, i need to know if there is any way I can import all the existing certificates from Server1 JRE to Server2 JRE?

Since the application has been running on Server1 for a long time, I am not sure, what exactly is a complete list of certificates that I need to install on my Server2 JRE.

So i am kind of looking how can i generate the keystore file with certificates from the existing server1 JRE and then import it into Server2 JRE.

Does this command provide a list of all the installed certificates on my Server1 JRE?

server1:/webdienste/java/jdk/xxx/current/jre/lib/security> sudo /webdienste/java/jdk/xxx/current/bin/keytool -list -v -keystore cacerts | grep Eigner

The other solution i can think of is to manually download/save all the certificates by opening all the URLs in the browser and then import the .pfx files through keytool into my Server2 JRE.

Any idea which one is more practical.

thanks.

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Python Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Please BeForthrightWhenCrossPostingToOtherSites. We don't mind if you cross post, but we do require the courtesy of letting us know you've done so and to where.

Also posted on javaprogrammingforums.com

Norman Meister
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
sorry for not mentioning. I also posted here: https://community.oracle.com/thread/3759060

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic