• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

[EMF] How to use properly the method validate?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've created an xsd with some directives about some field. For example, name is required, age value must be long maximum 2 chars, etc etc... Throught EMF, genmode and ecore, i generate the appropriate classes and interfaces. One of them is the Validator
The elements defined in the xsd correspond to some input field that i've in a form, so when the user submits it i need to check if the inserted data is allowed. In this case how i can proceed to accomplish this?

Probably i'm missing some pieces of the "puzzle", because actually the form textfield are't "officially" associated with the elements defined into the xsd. When i click on submit button, into the model i dispatch the inputfields to appropriate validator throught a programmed check. But also in this case i'm not able to call the REAL validator generated by EMF, because it need a lot of attribute that i haven't and don't understand (Diagnostic chain, context...)
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic