• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

is Hadoop map reduce suitable for processing any kind of data ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hadoop map reduce works on key value pair logic. But data to process can be of any kind. So is Hadoop map reduce suitable for processing any kind of data or only the data which is suitable to be in form of key value pairs.

thanks

Greenhorn
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
For what i know from my actual knowledge the mapper/reducer, give back the result under form key, value, the value can be an object of something if you respect internal serialization/deserializatoin of hadoop.

other case, you can process mapper, but you can process with 0 reducer if you dont need to save result, depend of business requirement,

if you have a look on hive/pig, when you execute request pseudo sql on datanode, it will call map reduce on all node for give back the result dataset.
but can key.value is a principe of map reduce mechanism.

hadoop 1 use only map reduce

hadoop 2, give now more possibilities, it use container application/node, map reduce v2 can be optionaly processded, for save compatbility with hadoop 1,
or you can use other application mechanism (like hbase/spark creating application under yarn without map reduce batch processing).

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic