• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Java EE 6 Web Services Developer Certified Expert 1Z0-897 - Prerequisite

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi. This is my first post and I hope I am not duplicating a question here. I found similar questions but not this exact one.

I am a Sun Certified Programmer for the Java Platform, Standard Edition 5.0, 310-055 Series. I want to take the Java EE 6 Web Services Developer Certified Expert 1Z0-897. In the Prior Certification Requirements it lists "Oracle or Sun Certified Java Programmer (Professional) any version". It's the word "Professional" that is throwing me off. My Sun certification paperwork doesn't mention "Associate" or "Professional" so I am not sure what I am. Does anybody know if what I currently have qualifies me for the 6 version?

I did notice the Java EE 5 Web Services Developer Certified Professional 1Z0-862 says "Candidate must have any version Oracle Certified Professional, Java Programmer OR Any version Sun Certified Java Programmer" without the word "Professional" in it. I assume I am at least eligible to take that version but would rather take the most current version.

Creator of Enthuware JWS+ V6
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to Coderanch!

Yes, you are eligible to take the WSD exam (for both versions). Be warned though that the Web Services exam is completely different and more difficult than the other EE-exams (WCD, EJB and JPA). It is more conceptual and it actually helps if you have done the other certifications first.

Chris Baumann
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks. I do remember there being a different associate test now. I'm glad I took the professional. Is there a process you have to go through to get the Sun certifications in Oracles system? I haven't taken any certifications yet so I don't have an Oracle id. Once I do will it automatically be there?

Frits Walraven
Creator of Enthuware JWS+ V6
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If I read the Oracle blog, they should appear there. Anyway if you don't succeed you can always chat with them and they will fix it for you!

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic