• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

1Z0-865 Assignment not pass and needs to resubmit

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,

Unfortunately, my 1z0 - 865 assignment failed, and I need to resubmit within one month.
Below are part of my missing points for 3 diagrams, and can you please provide some insights for me to revise and resubmit. I don't have much hands on experience in this space

Class Diagram:
(*) Missing presentation, business, and integration tiers components referenced in other diagrams
Questions: How to make presentation, business and integration ties components in class diagram, and then referenced in sequence diagram as example

Deployment Diagram:
(*) Missing platform profile details such as web/app server, OS, RDBMS, etc.
(*) Missing deployment of components/ear/war/ejb-jar.
Questions: Is it enough for me to add notion that web/app server is WebSphere Application Server 8.5 with IBM 3/390. RDBMS is oracle 11g? how to add components/ear/war/ejb-jar on deployment diagram?

Interaction Diagram( Sequence diagram)
(*) Missing actor/actor name from sequences
(*) More detail required for Use Cases and methods invocations (too high level)
Questions:In the guide book, there is classic interaction diagram actors consisting of user>browser>http server>JEE server>JEE JDBC>oracle database, is this always the case, what is the variant? and how to add methods invocations in sequence diagram?

Many thanks,

Hong

Bartender
Android Mac OS X Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Sorry to hear that Hong

Hong Gao wrote:
Class Diagram:
(*) Missing presentation, business, and integration tiers components referenced in other diagrams
Questions: How to make presentation, business and integration ties components in class diagram, and then referenced in sequence diagram as example

All classes mentioned in the class diagram should be in the sequence diagram.

As you move from tier to tier, the sequence diagram should be clear showing such and such method invocation is from the business tier or integration tier as you move down the tiers to get data from DB

Hong Gao wrote:
Deployment Diagram:
(*) Missing platform profile details such as web/app server, OS, RDBMS, etc.
(*) Missing deployment of components/ear/war/ejb-jar.
Questions: Is it enough for me to add notion that web/app server is WebSphere Application Server 8.5 with IBM 3/390. RDBMS is oracle 11g? how to add components/ear/war/ejb-jar on deployment diagram?

Platform profiles shouldn't be a must but it does give the examiner a good indication the hardware (CPU, RAM. storage etc) the server is using.

Mentioning what app server or DBMS is not that important. However mentioning clustering, load balancing, security are important.

Saying whether you are using single server to serve presentation and business tiers vs separate machines/server is important. Because such decision affect scalability and availability etc

Hong Gao wrote:
Interaction Diagram( Sequence diagram)
(*) Missing actor/actor name from sequences
(*) More detail required for Use Cases and methods invocations (too high level)
Questions:In the guide book, there is classic interaction diagram actors consisting of user>browser>http server>JEE server>JEE JDBC>oracle database, is this always the case, what is the variant? and how to add methods invocations in sequence diagram?

"Too high level" indeed is a problem. Having too little classes or too general class to represent something gives an impression that that object/class is a black box to examiner.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic