• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Mandatory Trainings

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am interested in getting the Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect certification. On the course details page (https://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=653&get_params=p_id:212) it mentions that I need to complete one of the below mandatory trainings:

• Architect Enterprise applications with Java EE
  • Developing Applications for the Java EE 6 Platform
  • Java Design Patterns
  • Java EE 6: Develop Business Components with JMS & EJBs
  • Java EE 6: Develop Database Applications with JPA
  • Java SE 7 Fundamentals
  • Java SE 7 Programming
  • Web Component Development with Servlets & JSPs, Java EE 6
  • Java EE 6: Develop Web Services with JAX-WS & JAX-RS
  • Java EE 7: New Features
  • Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Using UML
  • Java SE 8 Fundamentals
  • Java SE 8: Programming

• I have a couple of questions:

1. To ultimately clear the certification exam "Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Certified Master 1Z0-807" is any one of the above trainings preferable? Or I can just choose any random training?

2. Would the training have an assessment test/exam?

Greenhorn
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    1. There is no preference for the course. You can take any to fulfill the course requirement. I have taken "Java EE 7: New Features". The course can't be taken as "Self Study Course" for the certification requirement. I went for "Live Virtual Class" option.

Furthermore I believe the following courses although not required might be helpful for the certification in the order I am mentioning. You can build your knowledge without taking these courses as well.

a) Architect Enterprise applications with Java EE
    b) Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Using UML
    c) Java Design Patterns
    d) Java EE 6: Develop Business Components with JMS & EJBs
    e) Java EE 6: Develop Web Services with JAX-WS & JAX-RS

I am planning to take "Architect Enterprise applications with Java EE" from this list as a "Self Study Course" to augment my knowledge. Other expert hands can further comment on these.

2. The training does not have an exam

Greenhorn
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    I took "Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Using UML" prior to the assignment which is definitively useful as you're supposed to produce a lot of UML diagrams in the assignment part. Of course the content is nothing you couldn't teach yourself with books and internet resources and hardly justifies the costs, but the same applies to most other training and there's no getting around the mandatory course requirements anyway! And if you're lucky and still find a "real" training that requires your physical presence, so you get the chance to meet interesting people and have some nice chats on IT topics and beyond.

T.

Ranch Hand
    Spring Java Windows
    • Likes 1
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    Hello,

I took Architect Enterprise Applications with Java EE platform. I am sure, this is the best suitable course from the certification point of view. Ofcourse it's pretty expensive but it is a worthwhile.

The Training had no exams. You need to examine your talent after the completion of the course, how much knowledge you gained !!!

Regards,
    Vijay.

Harshit Patel
    Ranch Hand
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    Thanks all for the replies!!

Does the "Architect Enterprise Applications with Java EE" training require us to take previous trainings as well? The course page lists "Developing Applications for the Java EE 6 Platform" and "Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Using UML" as required pre-requisites. I haven't attended those trainings - in fact I haven't attended any "official" trainings from Sun or Oracle.

Greenhorn
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies

Harshit Patel wrote:Thanks all for the replies!!

Does the "Architect Enterprise Applications with Java EE" training require us to take previous trainings as well? The course page lists "Developing Applications for the Java EE 6 Platform" and "Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Using UML" as required pre-requisites. I haven't attended those trainings - in fact I haven't attended any "official" trainings from Sun or Oracle.

I am also wondering if the prerequsites are mandatory. Can anyone -preferably who has already taken the "Architect Enterprise Applications with Java EE" training- reply this question please?

Greenhorn
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    Hello Vijaya,

Could you please update how much it costs you for the below mentioned Training from Oracle in $/INR?

I took Architect Enterprise Applications with Java EE platform. I am sure, this is the best suitable course from the certification point of view. Ofcourse it's pretty expensive but it is a worthwhile.

Thanks and Regards,
    Shailesh

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic