• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Interview for intern

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I'm invited for java interview in big software company. It will be in two parts and one of them is Java technical test. Do you have any ideas what will be on that test? I think that there will be questions about OOP, Generics, Collections, I/O and OOP. Do you have any other suggestions for topics that i should cover? Do I need to have a look on threads and oracle db? Also do you know some very basic programming problems that are always given in interviews - something like iterate over matrix in some way?

Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
No, you cannot predict what questions they will ask. You should however go through your CV/resumé with a fine‑toothed comb. If you have said you can do XYZ or have done PQR or are interested in ABC, then you can expect questions about ABC, PQR and XYZ. Go through the job advert and other details the company they sent you. If it says anything like

Essential skills: something, something
Desirable skills: something else.

then it is likely they will ask you about something on that list.

If you do not know something, you can probably not learn it in time for the interview. If you know something and have not used it for some time, then you can probably revise it quickly.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic