• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Course requirement

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
From what I can tell, the least expensive way to fulfill the course requirement is the Java SE 7 New Features self-study at $710 US.

Can anyone please suggest if there is a less expensive alternative way to fulfill the course requirement?

Thank you,

Michael

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Michael Clare wrote:From what I can tell, the least expensive way to fulfill the course requirement is the Java SE 7 New Features self-study at $710 US.

Can anyone please suggest if there is a less expensive alternative way to fulfill the course requirement?

Unfortunately the self-study CD will not fulfill the training requirement.

On this page you'll find the following quote:

Step 2 - Complete one of these courses. wrote:Courses can be instructor-led in-class (ILT), a live virtual class (LVC), training on demand (TOD), or Unlimited Learning Subscription. Self-study CD and online courses are great preparation tools, but do not fulfill the training requirement.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Roel De Nijs wrote:

Michael Clare wrote:From what I can tell, the least expensive way to fulfill the course requirement is the Java SE 7 New Features self-study at $710 US.

Unfortunately the self-study CD will not fulfill the training requirement.

On this page you'll find the following quote:

Step 2 - Complete one of these courses. wrote:Courses can be instructor-led in-class (ILT), a live virtual class (LVC), training on demand (TOD), or Unlimited Learning Subscription. Self-study CD and online courses are great preparation tools, but do not fulfill the training requirement.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel

I just now completed "Object oriented Analysis and Design using UML Ed 2" which satisfies the prerequisite requirement for OCMJD (previously SCJD).

I plan to register for OCMJD / SCJD soon.

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Mahesh Kumaraguru wrote:I just now completed "Object oriented Analysis and Design using UML Ed 2" which satisfies the prerequisite requirement for OCMJD (previously SCJD).

Good choice! That satisfies the mandatory course requirement for the OCMJEA certification as well.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic