• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Maven Error: No plugin descriptor found at META-INF/maven/plugin.xml

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have project A which have module B. B is a maven plugin and compiles fine. When I however tries to compile project A, it complains at project B. Thus, failing. It is telling me that plugin.xml is not found. I googled it and most people saying that the packaging of a Maven plugin should use maven-plugin as packaging, which seems to solve the problem. However, mine is already set to that. So not sure how to resolve it.

Project A pom:

Project B pom:

Uncommenting code such as parent and executions in this pom will give the same results. Project B is located in the same directory as project A's pom.xml.

Rancher
Eclipse IDE Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
You need to take a step back and rethink your approach here. You are using maven the wrong way

First of all, your parent project shouldn't have anything to compile or build a war. A parent project is meant to have settings that child projects can inherit. parent projects shouldn;t build anything themselves

Second of all, a parent project cannot depend on a child project. That's like my dad saying that he wouldn't have sex with my mom unless I become old enough to take care of his expenses. It doesn;t work that way in real life, right? I have to be born first before I can take care of my dad, right? So, my dad cannot refuse to give birth to me until I take care of his expenses, because if he doesn't give birth to me, I won't be born. The point of that completely inappropriate analogy is Parents cannot depend on children

Third of all, you are trying to generate some scripts from your resource files. Looks like this is something that belongs in generate-resources phase not compile phase.

What you need to do is have a parent pom that is a real parent: Basically it compiles nothing on it's own: It just has the common libraries that you want to import. Your parent can also be a reactor project and have 2 submodules. First submodule can be the plugin. Second submodule can be the war project.

I once met a man from Nantucket. He had a tiny ad
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic