• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed OCJAP8 with 94%

Greenhorn
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello All,

Finally my 3-4 month ceritification journey ended today. I scored 94% on 1Z0-808 exam. Here are the study materials I referred to:

1-OCA 8 book by Jeanne Boyarsky and Scott Selikoff.
2-OCA 7 book by Mala Gupta.
3. OCA Java 7 by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates
4. Enthuware Mock exams

I read these books more than twice and practices a lot of small programs. But even more helpful was Enthuware Mock exams. I was suprised during the exam to see the questions to be almost eactly same or 99% same on real exams. And of course Enthuware Mocks are harder than real exam. ENTHUWARE IS A MUST. Here are my scores at first attempt:

Foundatoin: 79
1: 74 %
2: 75 %
3: 79 %
4. 90 %
5: 83 %
6: 91 %
Last Day: 86%

I got a higher score on the exam because these mocks prepared me for every possible question that could appear there. It very well worth spent $10.

Also I made my small little notes along with doing mock exams and read them regularly. These were things that's hard to remember and that paid off as well. I won't say the test is that hard. I found it easy actually. You must know about Wrappers, casting, Exceptions, arrays (lots of questions on that), String and String Builder, general java concepts. Must do all the mocks thoroughly.

Thanks to the book authors, enthuware creators and Roel on Java forums. Everything contributed to these scores.

Goodluk

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Venny,

Congratulations champion! Great achievement Now it's time to relax a bit and have a (well-deserved) (or 2 or 3). And if you want to spoil yourself have a Belgian beer, our beers are the best of the world

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Other ranchers will definitely benefit! Have a cow!

Don't forget to add your name to the OcajpWallOfFame!

Kind regards,
Roel

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Venny Ra wrote:You must know about Wrappers, casting, Exceptions, arrays (lots of questions on that), String and String Builder, general java concepts. Must do all the mocks thoroughly.

Seems you don't know everything about StringBuilder: it's one word (with CamelCase notation)

Venny Ra wrote:Thanks to the book authors, enthuware creators and Roel on Java forums. Everything contributed to these scores.

Glad to hear my contributions on these forums were helpful to you!

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic